A SaaS solution allows you to reap all the benefits of a high level technological system without worrying about hardware installation and maintenance.
In keeping up with the latest technology, NOVAtime expanded into Software as a Service (SaaS) in March 2007. NOVAtime takes pride in being a provider of a real SaaS solution—a commitment that is validated by NOVAtime’s position as the only Workforce Management provider listed on the federal government’s Cloud Computing/GSA procurement schedule.
For a general buyer/user, and even some software vendors, there may be uncertainties regarding what constitutes a real SaaS product. SaaS is often misunderstood, and organizations might avoid using SaaS applications because of misinterpretation of the functionality and security that SaaS offers. NOVAtime is happy to provide the following detailed information to facilitate a full understanding of our real SaaS solution.
Definition of SaaS
SaaS is a method of software delivery that provides NOVAtime through the Cloud, meaning the solution can be accessed through the internet at any time. The SaaS solution is hosted by NOVAtime in an off-site data center, as opposed to being implemented on-premise in a customer’s own environment, eliminating the cost of hardware provisions and system maintenance. Because the SaaS solution is hosted through the NOVAtime data center, the server environment and all database maintenance are provided by NOVAtime.
As a real SaaS solution, NOVAtime is hosted in a multi-tenant architecture by Cyxtera Technologies (formerly CenturyLink/Savvis), a global IT utility service provider that has secure, reliable Internet Data Centers (IDC) worldwide. This means that NOVAtime is provided to all clients through a single codebase on the same IT infrastructure. Since all SaaS clients are deployed on one version of the software, each tenant benefits from any software development and support. All updates applied to NOVAtime SaaS are automatically available to all SaaS users, creating optimal efficiency in updates, maintenance, and customization.
Multi-tenancy is a key factor to a real SaaS solution because it allows each client to have access to the most up-to-date application, automatically—and more importantly, without requiring any labor of your own IT department. The SaaS solution also offers security, availability, and scalability that you can trust.
Maximum Data Center Security
- NOVAtime’s data center is SSAE18 SOC1 Type II compliant.
- Data center facilities have 24/7 video surveillance, security personnel, and strict security policies.
- The outer walls, doors, windows, and primary entry door are constructed of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL) rated ballistic protection materials.
- All equipment is physically secured in locked cages. Entrants must pass multiple access points before gaining entry to the cages.
- All connections are secured with 256-bit SSL encryption to ensure data protection.
- Layers of firewall and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) are deployed to control access and protect the solution from exploitation.
- At the database tier, exceptions are made to our multi-tenancy architecture:each client have their own database to help isolate and protect their data.
- NOVAtime 5000 features roles based security access groups allowing supervisors to limit access
- Plynt Certified annually as a secure web application
- Strong Password feature:
- Minimum password age: define how long passwords are valid
- Password history: define how many password changes are required before a user can re-use a password
- Password expiration message: define how long before expiration a user is warned to change their password
- Password requirements: define requirements for case sensitivity, special characters, consecutive characters, and numeric/alphabetical sequences.
- The solution is engineered with redundancy in all significant layers, from power to hardware components.
- The solution is hosted by Uptime Institute’s Tier III Certified data centers.
- Connections to multiple tier-1 backbone providers, as well as the use of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) technology, enable greater "up-time” for internet connectivity.
- Fast and reliable data recoverability is provided with disk-to-disk multi-site backups.
- The solution is architected to work with flexibility on a multi-tiered model. This innovation allows the system to run in a load-balanced configuration in any tier. NOVAtime has a cluster of servers in each appropriate tier and, with a hardware load balancer, high performance and availability is achieved in every tier
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees 99.9% uptime
- NOVAtime SaaS is designed on a multi-tenant architecture, enabling fast deployment and true scalability to facilitate the growth of all customers.
- Network provisioning allows the system to burst all the way up to LAN speed to accommodate any increase in network traffic. The multi-tier software architecture and cluster design allows server capacity to be added on-demand at the precise tier, without interrupting service.
- NOVAtime comprehensively monitors utilization trends, from network bandwidth to system resources, and will add capacity long before it is needed.
See the NOVAtime Solidifies Cloud Readiness and Reliability by Utilizing Savvis Data Centers press release.